Tuesday, 7 December 2010

Glitter & Glue :)

2nd day on the job, and I'm loving it even more. Some of the girls take advantage on my niceness though. Especially when they know their brother knows me. So sometimes I gotta be strict. But by little threats they're fine. Like as simple as

I'M NOT GONNA HELP YOU MAKE YOUR CHRISTMAS CARD

Then they'll go on scuttering back to their seats. 

Their Christmas Concert commences on next Thursday and today was one of the full dress rehearsals. Girls dressed up as caterpillars , bees, spiders, ladybugs, crickets and more. Seeing them squealing and hiding behind covers trying to change into their costumes. 

Reminded me of the moments in Grease. Except they were obviously all girls in the same room..unlike what we had to go through.

As Christmas is around the corner, making Christmas Cards was this week's assignment. The joy of being handed the responsibility of guiding each girl in making their card. 

The end result?
I was covered in glitter, glue, fluff and stuff.

But nothing's more rewarding than seeing their smiles after completing their cards.
Best thing is, I got my first and only Christmas Card from a dear student, Ella :)

School ended after lunch today thanks to the snow. I was able to escape from the clutches of the evil elves wanting me to make their cards. Well, not really, I gotta make the remaining cards tomorrow.

Wish this week would never end. 
I actually love this job so much.

No comments: