Monday, 16 May 2011

Punctured lungs


As I went to school, I then realised that it was the First Aid Practical Exam. Best part was that everyone practiced CPR, the procedures, bandaging and etcetera WHEN I WAS IN ROME. I had done bandaging before in Red Cross....when I was in primary school...which didn't exactly do me any good.

I had some quick fill ins and soon it was my time to step into the examination room together with Katie. Hands cold & clammy, I myself thought I was having symptoms of one of the illnesses in the handbook which I didn't even know the name.

SCENE 1 - CPR
Puff Puff
2 breaths.
DANG IT WHY AREN'T THE LUNGS INFLATING
Her voice echoed the room, " Try tilting the head backwords "
Thank God it worked.

SCENE 2 - COMPRESSIONS
Okay..hand over the other..and push
Her voice came back on like some little conscience at the back of my head
" Push faster, speed it up a little "
When in my mind I was wondering 
WHERE'S THE CLICKY NOISE I'M SUPPOSED TO HEAR :'( 

SCENE 3 - DEFIBRILLATOR
Okay..stick the pads here..and here
" Turn the pads the other way around "
Why did her voice have to keep coming back! (Turns pads)
" No, no I meant the other way "
Oh crap I'm doomed -.-

So yeah, that practically sums up my practical : failure

Well after school I headed with my brother to the Brian Boru Heritage Centre and went for a drive around the area to look for picturesque scenes :)

No comments: