Thursday, 24 November 2011

Fiddler On The Roof

Just last night, myself, mum and Uncle Mike went to Cistercian College in Roscrea.
Their musical was advertised in the paper and they were putting on 

FIDDLER ON THE ROOF

At first, it didn't ring a bell and I was wondering...what kind of musical IS this?
Then mum started humming some of the songs and suddenly there were a hundred bells ringing in my head. The worst part was I recognised the songs but had no clue WHY I knew them.
According to mum, she played them loads when I was a kid.

There was a huge cast and they were superb! It was definitely the best student musical I've ever seen. Every singer had their own unique fabulous voice. The main lead, the father was the most enthusiastic person with a fake Russian accent too (as needed for the musical). They even had a live orchestra with a piano, drums, violins, violas, cellos, clarinets, saxophones, trumpets and even cor anglais! 

Oh yes, it's a private boarding school, thus things were rather classy.

But the best part had to be that..It was an all-boys school.
As the main cast consisted of a mother and 5 daughters...
They were all boys as well.
Never did I think I'd see several guys frolicking around in dresses, with pink cheeks and hot red lips.
But the best was when one of them had to wear a wedding dress :)



No comments: