Thursday, 5 January 2012

The big 1.8. Part 2 - Killaloe-ians

The second part of my birthday begins!
Still, not on my actual date, I had my birthday dinner on the eve of my birthday together with my schoolmates. Getting ready for it was a nightmare! I was coming in from Limerick, dependent on the bus. And for some irritating reason, the bus didn't stop even after I waved. So, I had to call my mum to get me, which thankfully worked out. By the time I reached my hous-e, I had 15 minutes to get ready for my birthday.

The awesomeness of speedy catlike reflexes! It actually succeeded.

Aside from myself, there was another birthday girl who as well, was born on the same date as I was, 6th January. The only difference is...I'm an entire year older than her (facepalm)
But it was all good. I realise I'm the only 18 year old in my year currently (double facepalm)

We met up at Abacus, Killaloe and the entire restaurant was booked up by me. Thanks to Vicky and Katie who were our classmates AND our waitresses for the night, the room was beautifully decorated with balloons and "You are 18!" banners. The menu even had my name printed on it (Fancy)

An assortment of dishes were available. Many of them took the typical sweet and sour chicken, chicken curry or something that revolved around the word chicken.

I on the other hand indulged in an extremely delicious plate of duck with chilli plum sauce together with white boiled rice. It was absolutely nomalicious.

Katie D organised my birthday cake which was ordered from the Wooden Spoon! An enormous mountain of chocolate brownies, chocolate tiffins, caramel squares and rocky road drizzled with melted chocolate all over. It was absolute sinful!

So I blew out my candles, still unbelieving of the fact that I'm no longer seventeen. but i have officially hit the big

ONE EIGHT.

Thank you to all that made it,

Aine D
Aine R
Aisling
Amy
Anna
Caoimhe
Connor
Claudia
Daniel
Darragh
Emer
Emma
Eoin
Fiona
Jade
Jess
Katie D
Katie M
Lauren
Marie
Mary
Noel
Orla
Peter E
Phelim
Ronia
Roisin
Ruth
Sean
Shannen
Stuart
Vicky

What shocked me even more was when the owner of Abacus presented me with a humongous fresh cream cake on the house! It was even more humiliating when both of them started chattering to me in Chinese. 
I answered with the typical
"wo bu hui qiang hua yu" (I don't understand Mandarin)
But atleast I understood the "sheng re kuai le" (Happy Birthday)

Thanks so much to Darragh who gave me an adorable card with an awesome handbag which I absolutely love! Nice choice!! And also not to forget the 2 euros which you pitched in for my dinner and being one of my most awesome friends since I've moved here !

Eoin and Stewie
For getting me the best present in the world.
AN ORANGE IN AN ORANGE 
Nice racist joke giving a Chinese girl an orange.
Just kidding,
I LOVE IT. it made me laugh till my sides split :)

Marie
who gave me a hot shocking pink awesome clutch together with an adorable card. It's so funny how she chose the very picture I had chosen ages ago to put on my blog ages ago! The card was absolutely heartwarming. I love it!

Sean
for buying me a CREDIT CARD? Haha nah it's a voucher card which has 20 euros inside it which allows me to shop in any shop in the Crescent, Limerick which is awesome because it's valid for a whole year!
Thank you so much Sean!!

 

Thank you to Connor, Phelim and Claudia for all the wonderful birthday cards!
They are all safely stored in my box of memories in my room :) Thank you so much ! 

No comments: