Thursday, 3 April 2014

Final Moments of First Year

My last day of Junior Freshman year

1 p.m.
It began with my last and final class, my Psychology tutorial.
I handed in my last essay regarding Trait Theory and bid farewell to my teaching assistant.

3 p.m.
I sat down with Orla for several hours pouring over all our Korean notes in the Arts building.
Cups of coffee aided our progress while we occasionally burst out into random songs of either
Arirang (아리랑) or Kom Se Mari (곰세마리 - The 3 Bears).
These were 2 of the 3 songs we learnt in our past year in Korean class.

5:30 p.m.
After that I hurried to the bathroom to apply some make-up on in preparation for our Trinity Boydell Choir 'Northern Light's concert' which was to take place immediately after my Korean Exam.

6:00 p.m.
The Korean examination began with a dictation test. Hearing our teacher's voice through the recording through various speeds while we attempted to write it down on the page. My brain began to ache when I was trying to get the right spellings for all the words. It didn't help when things sounded extremely similar. We had some "fill-in-the-blank" questions as well and boom it was done!

 

7.00 p.m.
I rushed to our last Boydell Trinity Choir rehearsal in the chapel. Everyone was dressed in their black dresses all ribboned up in royal blue warming up their voices. The girls hurried back to the dressing room to sign the cards for François, our conductor who most probably might be leaving us after this year.


8.00 p.m.
The concert began and so did our singing in 8 different languages throughout. Little slip ups here and there occurred, but all in all, it was a magnificent way to end the year. Singing together as group and seeing how far we've come.

9.30 p.m.
The concert ended, and we surprised Francois with an extra song

"Thank you François, we'll really miss you.
       Merci François, Merci Beaucoup"

along to the tune of Ndelebe folk song - Shosholoza

The surprises didn't end there as he then surprised all of us each with a rose.



A most memorable day indeed.
It has been an amazing year
Now all that's left is exams!

No comments: