Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Sticky people and...More Food

Today in class I decided to teach the kids about body parts and yes they knew the common ones like eyes and nose but I tried to add "strange" ones like

eyelashes! eyebrows!......butt! (Cue Despicable Me minion voice)

Got the kids to label each other with post-its' and today one of the groups were exceedingly hyper, active and talkative. That took a slight toll on my voice and mood but thankfully there are the handful of kids who look at me and you can still see their eagerness to learn. So I guess it's worth it in the end.

The teens today then played a game called "Don't Panic" where I paired them off into pairs. Each pair was given 10 seconds to come up with words that had to do with a given topic. For example "items in the kitchen" or something like that.

Aneta came to pick me up today (Kasia's and Tomek's neighbour) and she made some delicious cauliflower soup with cuts of carrots, sausages and a sprinkle of dill. In return, I made some iced coffee with a sprinkle of cinnamon for both her and her mumsie.

When my host family came back, Kasia made some deliciously fried cod coated in breadcrumbs.
Crispy on the outside and succulent on the inside.
Mhmm.

Yesterday, I made a trip to Lublin with the boys and Kasia where their eyes lit up the second they saw a faux F1 car. Instantly, they popped in some money into the machine and began to race their way through the game while smashing in to the virtual walls every two seconds.

Walked around Lublin and saw the giant catapult just outside the old town of Lublin.

I'm finding it rather humorous that I've gone from Dublin to Lublin.
(self-chuckle)

No comments: