Sunday, 27 March 2016

An Unexpected Turn


Life may be more multi-layered than we imagine sometimes. Sometimes if you're only on the bottom level surrounded by trees, you are unable to imagine that there are mountains in the vicinity or even higher grounds. 

Sometimes when the trees are all you ever see, you love them so much and are so used to them being around. Life without trees? Unimaginable.

Then, all of a sudden, the trees around you get cut. Timbre. Gone. No more security. No more protection. You're wide open, Open to any attack.

It's scary.

But wait, what's this?
Mountains? Lakes? Higher Ground? I guess I'm not alone.


Friends that I knew who were always around, suddenly appeared out of the blue.
They brought with them laughter, tears, love, care, hope.


Events that I was thinking about going to were suddenly set in stone. 
I wanted to go to Howth's Prawn Festival for awhile but wasn't sure of who would like to go with me.


Thanks to new friends I had made at the start of the year who invited me to be their lamp post, their third wheel, but I was a happy third wheel.


Spontaneous adventures to Powerscourt Gardens and House in Wicklow with a new friend who I discovered I had much in common with. 


Who even helped cook an amazing dinner for me when I was sick with a cold.


A friend, a roommate, who considered me as family at one of her most memorable moments.


And a friend who accompanied me to the event so I didn't have to go by myself.


Not to forget, the random excursions around the city centre trying out different cafes and restaurants.


And an old friend who I have not seen in two years that popped by Ireland.



Without all of these people and many more people who contacted me virtually,
my life for the past two weeks would have been exceedingly different. 
Thank you for your time, jokes, laughter, support, love, appreciation and so much more.

Thanks for all your support.

No comments: